ASLE Spotlight is as program that features the range of wonderful work our members continue to produce in the environmental humanities. The series will be offered both in live video format with audience, and in a recorded format for viewing and listening afterward, occurring monthly this fall. We presently anticipate three or four Spotlight episodes.
As in past years, each event will:
- feature moderated conversations with authors/creators of work chosen for thematic coherence across diverse media such as books, films, web projects, exhibits, etc.;
- include both critical and creative work;
- and highlight publicly engaged scholarship.
The series will provide opportunities for ASLE members to present and discuss new work in a range of ecocritical traditions and literatures and in the environmental humanities. A committee of current and past ASLE officers will review the submissions and curate the series.
- You do not need to be an ASLE member to submit your materials, but membership will be required if your work is selected to be featured in the ASLE Spotlight. See our membership page for details
- Submitted work should have a publication/release/launch date between July 2022 and December 2023.
- To be considered for ASLE Spotlight, please apply by the extended deadline: August 5, 2023.