Deadline for Nominations: January 31st, 2021
We are pleased to announce the inauguration of the biennial ASLE-UKI book prizes. There will be two categories:
- the best academic monograph in ecocriticism and the environmental humanities published at any time in 2019 or 2020 (please note this does not include edited collections).
- the best work of creative writing in any form or genre with an ecological theme published at any time in 2019 or 2020.
The initial long list will be drawn up from nominations received from members of ASLE-UKI, our international affiliates or from publishers.
Members are welcome to nominate their own books. Nominations will be restricted to one per person (or publisher) for each category.
The judging panel will be drawn from the current ASLE-UKI committee. Please note, we will not be considering edited collections for the inaugural prize, but may introduce additional categories in future years.
The winners will be announced in Autumn 2021 and each will receive a cash prize of £100.
Please send nominations to the following members of the committee by January 31st, 2021, stating whether you are nominating as an ASLE-UKI member, a member of one of our ASLE affiliates or as a publisher:
- Academic monograph prize: John Miller ([email protected]) and Sam Solnick ([email protected]).
- Creative writing prize: Richard Kerridge ([email protected])
- Full Competition Information and Regulations
Posted on January 15, 2021