Contact: Dipak Giri, Editor, Assistant Teacher
Email: [email protected]
Call for Papers on “From Literary Composition to Cinematic Adaptation: A Study of Indian Cinema through Popular Literature”
Authentic, scholarly and unpublished research papers are invited from academics and writers for publication in an edited volume with ISBN. Authors are requested to strictly follow the submission guidelines mentioned herewith in their papers. Only electronic submission via email will be accepted for publication. The proposed title of the volume which is below, may subject to change:
From Literary Composition to Cinematic Adaptation: A Study of Indian Cinema through Popular Literature
BRIEF CONCEPT NOTE:
Adaptation of literary works into Indian cinema is not new for Indian film makers, rather one can say that such adaptation is as long as film making itself. Last few decades have witnessed many Indian cinemas adapted from literature. From past to present, literary works of many popular writers from national to global level have been adapted into Indian cinema. However, adapting a literary work into a two or three hours cinema, mostly in case of a novel is not always an easy task to a film maker as sometimes, accommodation does not come to fit in the time frame work and thus messing up the whole essence of the original art. Regardless of partial or whole, a cinema based on literary work has always been a great appeal to an erudite person. The present anthology seeks original and unpublished article on Indian cinema based on literary works. Authors may choose any cinema of her or his interest in Indian context.
To throw a glance at works done by the editor till date, you can visit his personal website:
• File must be in Microsoft Word format following MLA 8th edition carrying a self declaration that it is an original work and has not been published/ sent for publication anywhere else.
• Font & size: Times New Roman 12, whereas the title must be in 14 point size, bold.
• Word limit: Minimum 2000 and Maximum 4000 including Abstract
• A brief bio-note of 150 words of the respective authors should be attached towards the end of the paper.
• Authors are requested to submit their manuscript to [email protected] before 30 November, 2021
• For any query, feel free to mail at [email protected]
Posted on October 20, 2021